As part of our commitment to improving mental health and helping to provide all children with the best opportunities for their future, The Bright Future Trust is proud to be supporting Mindfulness in Schools in MAPS, a two year project to bring mindfulness to children and young people in Alternative Provision settings in England. These children are often the most vulnerable, with many coming from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Funding from Bright Future Trust means MAPS can provide the following to 60 staff members:
- An eight week instructor-led mindfulness course.
- A two-month embedding period where staff members absorb and practice what the mindfulness skills they have learnt with support from the MiSP Hub .
- A five day online training course to train to Teach a 10 session mindfulness programme to children and young people aged 11+
- Support to deliver the ten session curriculum.
- A one day continuous professional development and review course three to six months later.
- 18 months of ongoing expert advice and support via the MiSP Hub.
All of the above will help to improve the mental, emotional, social and physical health and wellbeing of young people in need, and the Bright Future Trust is thankful to be able to provide the funding for these resources that will make a positive difference to the lives of children in the UK.
More details about MAPS can be found here: https://mindfulnessinschools.org/about-maps-mindfulness-in-alternative-provision-settings/